Flavour of the Month: Crispy Chilli Tofu
Try this healthier version of a Chinese takeaway favourite. Our crispy chilli tofu is full of sticky spicy flavours. Serve it with rice, topped with spring onions and sesame for a simple delicious dish.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
280g firm tofu
250ml orange juice
100g sweet chilli sauce
3tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sticky teriyaki sauce
4 spring onions
- Press the tofu if required. Then slice into sticks. Completely cover in cornflour.
- Pour the oil into a pan, completely covering the base, and heat until sizzling. Carefully place slices of tofu into the pan leaving space around them. You may need to cook in batches. Cook for around 5 minutes, turning regularly. The tofu should be browned and crispy. Remove from the pan and place on some kitchen paper to absorb the oil.
- Meanwhile, start cooking your rice.
- To make the sauce, tip away any excess oil from your pan and turn down the heat to medium. Add two tbsp lemon juice, the orange juice, sweet chilli, soy sauce, honey and teriyaki and bring to the boil. Then turn down the heat and simmer for around 5 minutes until the sauce has reduced to a syrup.
- Add the tofu back to the pan and cook in the sauce for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely slice the spring onion.
- Serve the rice with your tofu and sauce on top, finishing with a sprinkling of sesame seeds and spring onions.
Inspired by the BOSH cookbook
See more vegetarian & vegan favourites
Dealing with Job Interview Jitters
Whether you’re attending face-to-face or online/virtual interviews, these tips should help you overcome the dreaded job interview jitters
Why Do We Feel Stressed?
Stress is inevitable at points throughout our lives. But why do we feel stressed? We've put together tips to understand stress & how to overcome it...