Flavour of the Month: Super Easy Sizzled Sprouts Lunch
Try this super easy, nutritious lunch of pan-fried sprouts, topped with juicy pomegranate and crunchy pistachios, drizzled with honey. This colourful plate takes these everyday vegetables to the next level. Plus, they are currently in season in the UK, so it’s the perfect time to try this recipe! Enjoy as a side dish with your Christmas dinner, or as a tasty way of using up your leftovers.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Suitable for vegetarians
300g Brussel sprouts
2 slices sourdough bread (or any bread of choice)
3tbsp cottage cheese
3tbsp pomegranate seeds
2tbsp pistachios, crushed or finely chopped
1 teaspoon honey
1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the Brussel sprouts in half, discarding any discoloured ones.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and add the sprouts cut side down for 5 minutes until browning.
- Meanwhile toast the bread.
- Remove the pan from the heat, before adding 1 tbsp of water, then continue to heat until soft.
- Spread the cottage cheese across the middle of two small plates
- Top with the sprouts and drizzle with honey.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate and pistachios.
- Serve with the toasted sourdough bread.
More quick lunch recipes: