Flavour of the Month: Raspberry & White Chocolate Drizzle Loaf Cakes
Channel your inner Mary Berry with these raspberry and white chocolate drizzle loaf cakes, perfect for a rainy afternoon to be enjoyed with a cup of tea.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month so there really is no better time to host your own Macmillian Tea and Coffee morning, and bring out these delicious and decadent sweet treats for your friends and family, to raise money for a wonderful cause.
Raspberry & White Chocolate Drizzle Loaf Cakes Recipe
Serves: 12 cupcakes
Alternatively could be made into one large cake but be sure to double the quantity of white chocolate for drizzling!
300g plain flour
2 tbsp baking powder
100g caster sugar
1 medium egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g raspberries (set some aside for topping)
100g chopped white chocolate (or cooking white chocolate)
10g white chocolate, melted for drizzle
Mini loaf cases or cupcake cases
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and evenly distribute loaf or cupcake cases on a baking tray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Combine egg, milk, vanilla and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir the wet and dry ingredients together, and gradually add in smashed raspberries and white chocolate*.
- Evenly distribute the mixture between the cake cases and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden and a clean knife has been extracted from the centre of the largest cupcake.
* Make sure not to overmix the ingredients here as it will affect the consistency of the cake.
See more tasty bakes:
Try our simple recipes for healthy oaty nutty bars and cinnamon banana bread