Flavour of the Month: Festive Chocolate Cake with Baileys Frosting
Baileys is a festive favourite at this time of year, and goes perfectly with a simple, delicious chocolate cake. Great for chocolate lovers, follow this quick and easy recipe for the perfect Christmas dessert.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 12 slices
For the chocolate cake:
200g golden caster sugar
200g softened butter
4 large eggs
200g self-raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
For the Baileys icing:
200g icing sugar
5 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Butter or line two 20cm baking tins.
- Mix together the caster sugar, butter, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Split the mixture between the tins and bake for 20 mins until cooked through and a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from tins and leave to cool
- Meanwhile, mix the butter and icing sugar, adding slowly, until smooth. Then add the Baileys. You may need to add more icing sugar if the mixture is too runny.
- Once the cakes are cool, add a layer of icing between the two laters of the cake, and on top. Serve with a glass of Baileys, or a Baileys hot chocolate!
More festive recipes: