Flavour of the Month: Quick Lamb Kofta Flatbreads
Whether you are still working from home and needing a hunger-crushing, quick and easy lunch, or you are hosting some friends at the weekend, this lamb kofta recipe has you sorted. Flavoured with a delicious combination of fragrant spices, herbs and nuts, it is super filling and takes less than 15 minutes to create!
(If you prefer a veggie option, see our suggestions below).
Prep: 5 mins
Lamb Kofta Recipe
400g minced lamb meat (For a veggie option, swap out lamb for falafel)
3 tbsp rose harissa
2 large flatbreads
2 tbsp pickled cabbage (Alternatively, use fresh red cabbage with a teaspoon of red wine vinegar for the sharp taste)
1 handful fresh parsley
1 handful rocket
1 handful unsalted pistachios (For a nut free alternative, we love toasted pumpkin seeds)
3 tbsp cottage cheese (Most soft cheeses work well: goats cheese, feta or ricotta are all great options too)
2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Roughly chop the fresh parsley.
- In a large bowl, mix together the minced lamb with the harissa, using clean hands. Add in any other seasonings you would like.
- Form 8-10 koftas (sausage shape), the bumpier the better as this will go nice and crispy.
- On a medium-high heat, cook the koftas in a large frying pan with oil for 10 minutes. Ensure the koftas are cooked through (you do not want to see any pink in the middle!).
- Whilst these are cooking, heat up the flatbreads in the grill for 5 minutes.
- Remove the flatbreads from the grill, and layer with the rocket, cabbage, cottage cheese and koftas.
- Roughly chop the pistachios and sprinkle these and the pomegranate seeds on top.
More delicious recipes: