HelloGrads Terms & Conditions of Use
HelloGrads Content Makers Competition Terms & Conditions
How HelloGrads Works
HelloGrads is all about sharing information on key life skills and processes needed to help you transition between university and working life. We have consulted industry experts, young professionals and recent graduates, with the aim of providing the best tips and guidance – but please be aware that we cannot guarantee the information to be perfect and it does not constitute advice. Please note that you use all information at your own risk – we cannot accept liability if things go wrong. When making important decisions, we recommend that you do your own additional research, and where necessary, seek independent advice from a qualified professional.
HelloGrads includes links for your convenience, but we are not responsible for the content on other websites or services.
We encourage our users to share their opinions, experiences and information, but please be aware that User Generated Content does not necessarily reflect the views of HelloGrads.
HelloGrads provides a helpful starting point for your further research into what best suits your individual needs – in terms of money matters, career, renting and general wellbeing.
Terms & Conditions of Use
Welcome to HelloGrads!
HelloGrads is operated by Roots & Wings Ltd. (a.k.a “we” or “us”). We are very pleased to have you as a user and member of our community.
Please read our Terms & Conditions of Use (“Terms”) before using HelloGrads. They apply to your use of any content, functionality and services offered on Hello Grads.
Acceptance of Terms
If you need assistance or have any questions about any of our Terms, feel free to get in touch.
Advantages & Limitations of HelloGrads
What We Can Offer
HelloGrads is all about sharing information on key life skills and processes needed to help you transition between university and working life. Topics include sorting your finances, finding a job, renting and general wellbeing. We have consulted a wide range of people from industry experts to recent graduates, to bring you regularly updated general information plus what is in our opinion, the best guidance, tips and tools currently available.
Our News & Views section is full of articles and videos featuring experienced or young professionals, as well as recent graduates, all sharing their thoughts, information and suggestions to help you through this next chapter. You will find relevant recent news articles too.
We also invite our users to share their views and experiences via Write For Us or social media.
HelloGrads provides a helpful starting point for your further research into what best suits your individual needs – in terms of money matters, career, renting and general wellbeing.
What We Do Not Offer
HelloGrads does not provide financial, legal or any other advice.
The information presented on or through HelloGrads is for general information purposes only.
When making important decisions, you should always carry out your own additional research to suit your particular circumstances, and where necessary, seek independent advice from a qualified professional.
Disclaimer of Warranties & Liability
Nothing in these Terms (or elsewhere on HelloGrads) will exclude or limit our liability for any liability, which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You acknowledge and agree that you bear full responsibility for your own research and decisions. You use HelloGrads at your own risk. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the content on HelloGrads (excluding User Generated Content) is correct, we do not warrant its accuracy, completeness or usefulness; nor do we commit to ensuring that the material on HelloGrads is fully up-to-date.
The information is provided “as is” and “as available,” with all warranties and liabilities being excluded, so far as permitted by law. We are not liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damages or injury arising from your use, or downloading any content on HelloGrads.
Computer Safety & Security
We can’t guarantee that HelloGrads is error free or bug free. You are entirely responsible for taking the necessary precautions to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, malware, or any other harmful computer code or files designed to adversely affect the operation of software or hardware.
We’re working hard to constantly improve HelloGrads, but we can’t guarantee that it will meet your requirements, or that it will be available 24/7. Technical difficulties or maintenance may result in occasional interruptions, delays or data loss. We also reserve the right to modify, to withdraw or to restrict access to any features and material provided on HelloGrads. In any case, we will not be liable if all or any part of HelloGrads is unavailable at any time for any reason, nor will we be liable for any data loss.
You agree to keep us indemnified against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (direct and indirect) resulting from any material that you post or transmit on/via HelloGrads, social media or any other communications systems, from any actions you take which disrupt the functionality or accessibility of HelloGrads, or from any violation of your obligations under these Terms.
Security & Privacy
To access certain restricted features or areas of HelloGrads you may have to register and enter login details, as part of our security procedures. When you register, you must provide accurate and complete information, and update this information as necessary.
However, we will not be accountable for breaches of security originating from your poor account maintenance. It is your responsibility to ensure your login details and other credentials are kept private; if you feel your account has been compromised, you must notify us immediately of your concerns. We will not be liable for damages incurred as a result of poor account management on your part.
Removal of User Accounts
We reserve the right to disable any user account at our discretion, without notice or explanation.
Copyright & Intellectual Property
HelloGrads respects intellectual property rights and requires you to do the same.
Copyright © 2015 HelloGrads
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright to all contents on HelloGrads is held either by us or by our licensors.
You are allowed to use HelloGrads content for personal, non-commercial use only.
You may not make changes to any of the material, and none of the material may be used elsewhere without our written consent. You are however permitted to share content on HelloGrads and we have included social sharing buttons for your convenience.
You are not allowed to use any trademarks or brand names that appear on HelloGrads – any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders’ rights.
User Generated Content
HelloGrads welcomes contributions from our users, and allows you to post or submit content including comments, articles, videos, links and other material. Anything that you post or otherwise make available on HelloGrads for whatever purpose is referred to as “User Generated Content.”
If you post or submit anything to HelloGrads, you are entirely responsible for the content (including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness) and for any harm resulting from that content. HelloGrads takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Generated Content contributed by you, or any other user or third party.
Copyright, Intellectual Property & Licence
You retain all rights over the User Generated Content you contribute to HelloGrads. However, by posting or submitting any material, you expressly grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, unlimited, free, worldwide licence to use that material on HelloGrads, and to make it available anywhere, in any form and for any purpose.
Before you post or submit any content to HelloGrads or make it publicly available, you must own or control all copyright and other intellectual property rights, and have the right to grant the above licence to HelloGrads. We will not be held responsible or liable for any losses or damages (direct or indirect) arising from your use of material that infringes the rights of any third party.
We welcome your feedback and always value your views on how we can improve HelloGrads. If you choose to submit comments, suggestions or ideas, you agree that we will be free to use them without any restriction or obligation to you.
HelloGrads encourages users to share opinions, experiences and information. However, we retain full editorial control over HelloGrads and reserve the right to refuse to post, to modify or remove any User Generated Content at our discretion; this includes removal of any content which may be unlawful, contentious, leads to complaints or which does not comply with our Terms or Content Standards set out below.
These standards apply to all User Generated Content and interactive services. You represent and guarantee that:
- The Content complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
- The Content is not pornographic, defamatory, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable, and does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or organisations.
- The Content will not in any way impair the availability or accessibility of HelloGrads.
- The Content does not contain or transmit any viruses, malware, or other harmful computer code.
- The Content is not spam, is not randomly or machine-generated, and does not involve commercial activities, automated data collection or unlawful acts.
- The Content does not misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organisation.
- The Content will not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
- The Content does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any user or third party.
Content Submitted to HelloGrads
Please note that any User Generated Content submitted to HelloGrads or via social media, is solely the opinion and the responsibility of the person or organisation submitting them, and does not necessarily reflect our views. You understand and accept that you may be exposed to User Generated Content that is inaccurate, objectionable or otherwise unsuited to your requirements, and therefore you should not rely on this information for any purpose.
We may from time to time use social media to inform and engage with users.
To see the full terms and conditions relating to our use of any social media, please visit the relevant social media platform.
Please also note the following general Terms:
We welcome feedback and ideas submitted via social media platforms and may monitor and record relevant comments and posts to help us improve our services. However we cannot guarantee to read or reply to all messages.
We are not responsible for any information on social media, other than information posted by us. We do not endorse the social media platforms themselves, or any information posted on them by other users.
HelloGrads offers social sharing buttons for your convenience, which help to share content directly from web pages to the relevant social media platform. Please note that you use these social sharing buttons at your own risk.
Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Terms is deemed unlawful or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue to be valid and enforceable.
HelloGrads is owned by Roots & Wings Ltd. and operated by Dogfi.sh Mobile Ltd.
We are registered in England & Wales under registration number 9716260
Our registered address is: 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
HelloGrads Content Makers Competition Terms & Conditions
By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these Terms and Conditions). Completion and submission of an entry form or e-mail will also be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Competition, including all information on how to enter the Competition published in publications of the Promoter (including social media if applicable) or on the Promoter’s websites, also apply to this Competition. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
Participation in the Competition
- Open to entrants aged 18 to 30, who are studying at or have previously studied at a UK or Ireland university.
- Residents of the United Kingdom and Ireland aged 18 or over only, except employees and agents of HelloGrads and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Competition and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents.
- The Competition starts at 00:01 am (UK time) on 8 January 2020 and closes at 23:59 pm (UK time) on 31 March 2020 (the Competition Period). Any entries received outside the Competition Period will be void.
- Participants may enter as many articles as they like. Bulk, automatically generated, copied/plagiarised or third party entries are void.
- To enter you must submit a written article of between 600 and 1,200 words, or a video. You must e-mail your work to email@example.com during the Competition Period only, with the subject HELLOGRADS CONTENT MAKERS ENTRY and include your full name, date of birth, postal address, contact telephone and email address.
- Entries to the Competition must be the original work of the author and not previously published. Entries which are or in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion appear to be plagiarised will be disqualified. Participants represent and warrant that:
- they have obtained all rights, licences, and permissions necessary, in writing, from any person who may have helped create and/or be featured in their entry; and
- that their entry to the Competition (including any text, videos and photographs):
- does not contain or feature any personal information about any person (including their name, contact details, a photograph of them and/or any other identifying information) without that person’s consent (proof of which must be provided to the Promoter upon request);
- does not contain any content that is defamatory, libellous, racist, homophobic, derogatory, pornographic, obscene, sexist, illegal, and/or otherwise inappropriate;
- does not include trade marks, logos, or copyright protected material which belongs to third parties without permission (including company names, music, photographs, motion picture or television programme clips or audio tracks, works of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media);
- is not subject to any third party agreements and the Promoter will not be required to pay any sums to any third party as a result of the Promoter’s use (as set out in these Terms and Conditions) or the exploitation by the Promoter of the idea, video or other rights contained in any entry; and
- does not contain any known virus, trojan horse, worm, trapdoor or similar software that may in any way infect or affect any of the Promoter’s hardware or software systems.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove or temporarily suspend from the Competition any entries submitted if, in its reasonable opinion, it suspects any breach of these Terms and Conditions or if it receives any complaint from a third party relating to such entry.
- Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry method will not be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Competition is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access if they enter the Competition online or by email.
Winners & Prizes
- There will be a first and second prize winner in each category. We may also contact other entrants with a view to publishing their entries as ‘highly commended on HelloGrads.com’. Highly commended entries will not win a prize.
- The first prize winners will be the participants whose entries best fits the theme of ‘Going it alone’ and whose creativity best satisfies the category criteria. The second prize winners will be the next valid entry that satisfies the judging criteria. The six prize winners will be selected by a panel of judges including at least one independent member. The decision of the judge(s) shall be final.
- The first prize winner in each category will receive £250 shopping vouchers and their piece will be published on HelloGrads.com. One runner up in each category will also have their work published on HelloGrads.com, and receive £50 shopping vouchers. Prize winners will be able to select a store of their choice, as long as the chosen retailer offers e-gift vouchers.
- Prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part.
- The winners are responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. By participating in the Competition, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control the Promoter is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. The Promoter also reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize if in its reasonable discretion it is appropriate to do so.
Winner Announcement & Claiming of Prize
- Prize winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided to the Promoter within two months after the end of the Competition Period. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winners during the specified time. If prize winners cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner as applicable from the valid/correct entries that were received during the Competition Period. A winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- Prize winners will be required to confirm acceptance of the applicable prize within 14 days of having been notified. If the winner or runner up has not claimed their prize by the date specified or the prize winners refuse or are unable to provide an eligible postal address for receipt of their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
- The prize will be delivered within a reasonable time and by no later than 28 days after the prize has been accepted.
- For a list of winners (name and general location) please email firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 28 days after the end of the Competition Period.
Data Protection & Publicity
- Participants’ names and general locations will be published or made publicly available if they are the winner or runner up of the Competition in accordance with regulatory requirements. In such circumstances, the Promoter may also make free use of this information and the participants’ photographs for publicity and news purposes, both during this and future promotions by the Promoter. This includes making their name available on the Promoter’s websites and social media platforms.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the participants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when participating in the Competition, their entry will be void.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of any third parties concerned in any way with the Competition.
- Unless otherwise stated in the promotional materials, this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prize. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prize (although, if you win, your details may be disclosed to the prize provider in order to provide you with the prize).
- Participants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into the Competition or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit participant’s ability to participate in the Competition. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by the Promoter of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Competition (including altering prizes) if, in its sole discretion, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners or runner ups than prizes for the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw or to divide the prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners and runners up of the Competition.
- Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other participants (including tampering with the operation of the Competition, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Competition at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Competition, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Competition as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website (the Website).
- If you are a resident of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland then these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Competition or these Terms and Conditions (except if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland). If you are a resident of Ireland then these Terms and Conditions are governed by Irish law and the Irish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Competition or these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter of this Competition is HelloGrads, Roots & Wings Ltd, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU (the Promoter).
We may update this Policy from time to time, so please review it on a regular basis. Your continued use of HelloGrads means that you accept and agree to the changes.
Your Privacy Responsibilities
Take sensible measures to protect your own privacy:
- Always be careful and responsible when disclosing personal information online.
- Ensure your registration and login details, and other credentials are kept private.
- Be sure to log out of websites when you are finished.
- Take the necessary precautions to safeguard your computer/device against viruses and malware by installing or updating suitable anti-virus software.
What are Cookies?
As is common practice with most professional websites, Hello Grads uses ‘cookies’ – tiny files downloaded to your computer. Cookies track, save and store information about the user’s interaction with the website, enabling providers to improve their services and deliver a tailored experience.
In accordance with relevant legislation, HelloGrads has a cookie control system, which allows users to decline cookies on their device. To disable cookies, you can adjust the privacy settings on your web browser. However, be aware that disabling cookies may affect certain functionality and features of Hello Grads.
Third Party Cookies
‘Google Analytics’ helps us track and understand how you use HelloGrads, so we can improve your experience.
HelloGrads provides social sharing buttons and plugins that enable you to connect with your social media platforms, and may contribute to your profile or other data they hold for various purposes, as outlined in their own privacy policies. See Social Media below.
Contact, Communication & Third Parties
Users contact us at their own discretion and provide any requested personal information at their own risk. We take every reasonable precaution to secure personal data, but please be aware that the transmission of information via the Internet is never completely secure, therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any information sent to us electronically.
Certain identification details (e.g. name and email address) may be required as part of our security procedures if you choose to communicate with us or to register; it is always your decision whether or not to disclose personal data, although if you elect not to do so, this may restrict the features or areas you can access on HelloGrads.
To enable you to contact HelloGrads, every reasonable effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure email submission process, but note that you utilise such processes at your own risk.
We may use data you have supplied to respond to any questions you have submitted, or to notify you about changes to HelloGrads, or products/services which we feel may be of interest, but only if you have consented to receive such information. We will not disclose your personal details to third parties, except (i) to the extent necessary to provide you with a requested service, or (ii) under circumstances required by law, or (iii) in connection with a sale of .
HelloGrads may anonymise data about you and aggregate it with anonymised data relating to other users of HelloGrads. This aggregated data may be provided to third parties but you will never be identifiable from such data.
You access external links from HelloGrads at your own risk. When you use third party websites and services, they will deal with any personal data you give them in line with their own privacy policies, not ours. So please check their privacy policies before providing them with information.
Storing Your Data
We store and process all your personal details in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. All sensitive personal data is encrypted and stored securely, until such time as it is no longer required. Security measures protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access the personal information we hold about you. At our discretion, we may charge a £10 fee for complying with some of the requests made under this section if they are made before 25 May 2018. For further information, or to make a data request, please write to us at email@example.com.
Should you have any other queries or complaints in relation to how we use your information, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU.
Should you wish to take any complaints or queries further, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office regarding such issues.
Copyright © 2015 HelloGrads